McGraw Hill Wonders Sight Words & Wondering Where I Have Been?!?!

Twelve loonnng days ago my life turned upside down. My 16 year old son was in a terrible car accident when someone pulled out in front of him. He suffered 2 broken legs (left femur & both bones in right leg). a broken collar bone, and a cracked sternum. He had to be cut from the car while I watched) and airlifted to the nearest trauma center where he stayed for 4 days and was then moved to Siskin Rehab Hospital where we will be for the next 6 weeks. These last 12 days have been excruciating for Logan to endure and for us to stand by and helplessly watch but we are grateful for the blessing of life and know that God has a great plan and purpose for Logan's life (Jeremiah 29:11) & everything works for the good of those that love Him (Romans 8:28). We have been overwhelmed with all of the love, support, and most of all the prayers that have been lifted up for Logan and our entire family.


Look at how close he came to hitting that huge light pole!


Before our world began spinning out of our control, I was working on several big projects. One of those projects was sight word practice pages to supplement our new McGraw Hill Wonders Reading Series. I only have units 1-3 finished right now but if you want to download it for FREE click on the pictures below. I will update it again when I get all 10 units completed and then add a small price tag to it but you should still be able to get the updated version for free if you have already "purchased" or downloaded the incomplete FREE version. If not, just come right back here and let me know and I'll be happy to email it to you....just don't hold your breath until it is finished because there is no telling when I will get to it!




14 comments:

Miss Kindergarten said...

Oh my goodness Kelly, how absolutely terrifying!! I am so glad that you son is okay...well as okay as you can be after such a tragic accident. PLEASE let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the accident. Every mother's worst nightmare! Glad things are settling down a little and know that prayers are being sent your way.

Learning with Mrs. Langley said...

I am impressed that you posted anything at all! I am so thankful your son is ok. Family comes before everything! Nice freebie, I don't use McGrall Hill but I wish I did. I wish your family the best during these trying times! Take care!

Megan said...

What a terrifying story! I'm so glad to hear that he is okay.

Roxanne said...

May GOD be with you and your family at this time. May He continue to protect your son and heal him to full recovery.

Take care and be strong in the LORD.


The Polished Teacher said...

So happy to hear that your son is okay. Your family will be in my prayers!

ThePolishedTeacher

Kinderaffe said...

Wow! My husband broke his femur a few years ago - a plate and 8 screws needed to mend it. I can only imagine. We will pray and send good thoughts.


Thanks for your sight work packet!

All the best. Your faith will really support you.

Sara

Barbara said...

Romans 5: 3-5 helped when I was hit head-on nine months ago ... and my injuries weren't nearly as severe. I am so grateful that his life was spared; thank you for sharing your trials so that we can pray for you. If you'll send me an email with your postal address, I've got a book that might help with the trauma when you and he are ready.

Barbara
bgruener5 (@) gmail.com

Garden Full of Knowledge said...

Oh my goodness! I just read your post. How terrifying. How is your son doing now? I hope he is doing much better. The poor thing. My prayers and heart go out to your son, you, and to your family. May God give you and your family brighter days soon. Get well to your son.
Najda

Pocketful of Littles said...

I am so glad that your son is okay! That has got to be a terrifying experience. God had his hand on your son and spared him. Praying for healing for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Every mother's worst nightmare; he most certainly had an angel looking over him. I am so happy to hear that he is going to be fine.

Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas said...

I was reading your TPT email and came over to catch up...we always tell our teens that we don't worry about they way they drive, but who they have to share the road with...May the Peace of the Lord continue to shine down on your family.

ldemello said...

so glad to hear that logan is doing better. i downloaded the free set a while ago - any chance of getting the updated version???

Phoenix preschool said...

I have watched the way my kid is spoken to, from far off when the instructors were unaware that I am there, and it was an extremely charming view. (You are who you are at the time when nobody is looking!)