The Leprechauns are Coming!

Ahhh....finally made it to another weekend at last! I'm counting down the days to spring break (10 school days) and working my tail off to get caught up on my homework. Can someone remind me why I thought going back for my master's degree would be a good idea? It is so time consuming! Well, enough whining but thanks for letting me get that out!

This should be a fun week as we get ready for St. Patrick's Day. We are NEVER at school on St. Patty's day...we are usually on spring break but this year it falls on a Saturday. We will fingerpaint shamrocks with blue & yellow to make them green, go outside to find a patch of clover and search for a four leaf clover, & the mischeivous leprechauns like to play tricks on us and we will do our best to get a hold of some of his gold! On Friday, he will leave us clues to finding his gold & we just happen to get a hold of some of his gold! I LOVE the kinds of gold he leaves for us (Rolo's, minature Reese's, Hershery's Treasures and/or chocolate nuggests, Twix, butterscotch, etc) They all look so yummy in his pot of "gold". I actually found some gold chocolate coins on clearance at Walmart last week that will get the kiddos so excited! I also found some tiny leprechaun hats at the Dollar Tree this afternoon! I'm sure the leprechaun will leave it behind as evidence of his presence!  I will post my leprechaun clues that he leaves for us to find the gold a little later in the weekend. I have seen several bloggers that say they have students make Leprechaun traps to set up to catch him. That might be a fun project to make during rainy day recess next week!  I never have much for St. Patrick's Day so I created a flip chart for my ActivBoard to use all week. It includes some basic facts about St.Patrick's day and some fun games to play & review skills.

 

  

What about you? How does your class celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

3 comments:

Lori Rosenberg said...

I just wanted to let you know that I nominated your beautiful blog for an award! Please visit my blog to see the post!

Lori
TeachingwithLoveandLaughter

Wolfelicious said...

Hi! I just gave you a Top 10 Award. Stop by my blog to get it. Thanks for having such a wonderful blog.

April
Wolfelicious

Tessa said...

Hi Kelly!
I would like to team up with you for a giveaway. Can you email me? My email is tessamaguire at gmail.com.

P.S. Your email button on your blog doesn't work :)