Subtraction Bowling

How did I not ever think about teaching subtraction with bowling?!?! I was searching the internet for new subtraction ideas because my little ones just weren't getting it and I came across this idea that was posted 7 years ago. So I borrowed bowling sets from my PE teacher and then created a recording sheet and oh boy did we have fun! They loved it and I think they finally "got it"! Get your free copy here!

What are some of your great ideas for teaching addition & subtraction?



 

5 comments:

Michelle Griffo said...

I am obsessed with this! AND I have a bowling set that I almost threw away because I didn't know that to do with it! I am your newest follower!

Michelle

Apples and ABC's

Unknown said...

So glad you love it as much as I did! I visited & joined your blog too! Super cute blog...hope to have time to hang out there & look around this weekend!

Unknown said...

I am featuring this post on Bagels and Blogs tomorrow!

Donna
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Math-Coachs-Corner
http://mathcoachscorner.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/MathCoachsCorner

Unknown said...

That is awesome! Thanks Donna!

Ms. Jessica said...

I read the title of this post and my exact thought was: "How did I not ever think about teaching subtraction with bowling?" I obviously burst out loud when I read the first sentence of the post! There's a bowling set at Oriental Trading that I've had my eye on and now I have a reason to buy it! I'm now your newest follower!

-Jessica
A Turn to Learn