We're Not Afraid of Anything!

Ahhh, October! My most favorite time of the year! There are so many fun themes to use to teach the Common Core standards during the month of October and this activity is one of my favorites! To kick off our Scarecrow unit we read the book The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything and had the students make predictions using the text evidence and retell the story using the props below.




 Ok now say it with me…”THAT IS SO ADORABLE!” One of my kindergarten coworkers has a toddler that is always dressed so cute and she brought in some of his hand-me downs. They are so cute and are the perfect size for our PVC frame!  
 
 
Here is the frame we started with. My handy man husband only spent $6 on the PVC pipes & elbow pieces (easy to take apart for storage.) He also drilled a hole in the bottom of my pumpkin bucket so that it fit perfectly on the frame.


 
 
I think he is too cute to spook & the kids loved it!
 
 
 
 

0 comments: